Mouth And Lips
The Lip Aging Process
Lip Filling versus Softening
- Making lips larger usually requires a firm filler that resists compression. These are generally injected deeper.
- Softening lip fine lines requires a thin and flexible filler. These are generally injected superficially.
- Most patients want a combination of filling AND softening.
Dr. Rosenberger's Recommendations
- Obtain expert consultation to discuss your aesthetic goals
- Topical Cosmeceuticals with hyaluronic acid
- Temporary hyaluronic acid based filler is initial BEST CHOICE
- If significant fine lines are present, perioral resurfacing and a skin tightening regimen improves results versus single therapy
- Neuromodulators (Botox) to soften lip lines
Lip Aging and Lip Reduction
- Lengthening of the white lip occurs with aging
- Augmentation with filler increases the red lip volume
- Lip reduction decreases the vertical height of the white lip
Who is a Lip Reduction candidate?
- Patients with very long upper white lip to red lip ratio
- Patients with fine lip lines (age > 40) hide vermilion scars well
- Patients with naturally disproportionate lip sizes of any age